A great one for those blessed with big breasts.
A good choice if your breasts are very large, if you’ve had a caesarean delivery or if you have twins.
- Sit up, putting a pillow at your side to support your arm.
- Lay baby on his or her back, supporting the back of the head with your hand and the body with your forearm.
- Position the baby’s feet so that they are tucked under your arm and the knees are directly under your armpit. For tiny babies, it may be necessary to use a pillow to bring the baby closer to the breast.
- Bring the baby’s mouth towards your nipple.
- Hold your breast with four fingers underneath, thumb resting lightly on top.
- Stroke your baby’s lower lip with your nipple.
- When he or she opens wide like a yawn, bring the baby quickly to your breast.