Fun ways to get your child to play with others
Teach your little ones how to socialise with others.
It's one of the first lessons we teach our toddlers: "share!", "be nice!". Here are some great ways to help your child become social while playing.
- Put on your child’s favourite music or expose them to various music.
- Encourage them and their playdate to dance.
- If you have a big mirror, let them dance in front of the mirror; they will enjoy watching themselves.
Playing with toys
- Encourage your child and playdate to play with dolls or teddies and to pretend actions.
- For example, feeding their teddy lunch0. or putting them to sleep.
- Encourage this by giving them a bowl and spoon or a blanket.
- Give each child their own teddy or a doll and toys to play with.
- Make sure to expose your child to many social events – children’s parties, family gatherings, playing in the park, etc.
- Take the kids outside and blow bubbles. Encourage them to try and catch the bubbles. Get very excited each time new bubbles appear!
Mysmartkid is South Africa's leading programme for Early Childhood Development (ECD). Click here to join the programme.