How to knit beanies for preemies
Here's the knitting pattern to knit a warm preemie vest or beanie for one of the Newborns Groote Schuur Neonatal Trust's tiny preemie babies who is currently fighting for their lives in NICU.
You will need:
- 1 ball of 4-ply wool (this will give you 3 beanies)
- 1 pr size 4 or 6 needles (for smaller and larger beanies)
- Cast on 60 sts: K1P1 for 6 rows, stst for 10 rows
- 17th row: k2tog, k8, k2tog, etc to end of row
- 18th row: p to end
- 19th row: k2tog, k7, k2tog, etc to end of row
- 20th row: p to end
- 21st row: k2tog, k6, k2tog, etc to end of row
- 31st row: k2tog six times
- 32th row: cast off and sew up.
Thank you! Where to send the finished beanies and vests:
Newborns Groote Schuur Trust
021 404 6023
Floor H46, Old Main Building, Groote Schuur Hospital, Observatory, Cape Town.