Massage for sweet slumbers
So good for your baby, and relaxing for both of you. Brought to you by JOHNSON’S® Baby.
Your touch tells him he’s loved and safe and that the world is a warm, secure place. Massage is a conscious, attentive form of touch that is especially beneficial for very young babies. Massage is an act of love that must be done with the full co-operation of your baby, at a time when he is in the mood.Benefits for baby
The positive benefits of infant massage have been well-researched by the Touch Research Institutes, sponsored by JOHNSON’S® Baby. Documented benefits include amongst others:
- It helps stimulate the body’s circulatory, immune, muscular and nervous systems
- It improves digestion and weight gain
- It encourages a ‘quiet alert’ state when learning takes place
- It helps baby sleep better
- It improves communication and deepens bonding.
Benefits for parents
- It provides dads, working moms and all parents with an opportunity for quiet, focused time together
- It helps you recognise your baby’s unique signals and improves your understanding of each other.
- It helps the parent feel more competent in their parent role.
- It is a calming, relaxing activity for both baby and parent
- Choose a place that is warm and comfortable and a time when your baby is not tired or hungry
- Warm lubricant in the palms of your hands, before touching your baby.
- JOHNSON’S® Baby Bedtime Oil with NATURALCALM® is ideal for massage. While the oil moisturises her skin, your touch and the NATURALCALM® aromas help to soothe and calm her.
- You can also use JOHNSON’S® Baby Oil Regular or Aloe Vera, or JOHNSON’S® Baby Aqueous Cream or Aqueous Lotion for massage. They will reduce friction and at the same time, moisturise and condition the skin, leaving it soft and healthy.
For step-by-step pictures and instructions get Massage your Way to Sweet Slumbers
from JOHNSON’S® Baby.