Food at 7 months
Now that solids are settled, you’re ready to add to the menu.
If your baby has been eating solids for more than a month you can now start to be a little bit more adventurous. Many of the foods you cook for the rest of the family can now be served to your baby.
Article originally in Parent24
- Start introducing mince or pureed meat.
- Red meat and liver are good sources of iron.
- Well cooked eggs, fish or alternatives such as tofu and pulses can also be used.
- If your baby has teeth, encourage chewing by offering finger foods such as rice cakes.
- Supervise your child to make sure that he doesn’t choke.
Foods you can try now
- Egg yolk
- Fish and shellfish
- Wheat-based foods
- Plain Bulgarian yoghurt with AB cultures
Foods to avoid during the first year
- Nuts and seeds
- Citrus fruit
- Cow’s milk – rather use formula