6 benefits of shopping
Help children become wiser shoppers able to make sensible choices.
Did you know that your children can benefit from learning how to shop?
INTRODUCING THE ULTIMATE GIFT OF CHOICE:TFG’S NEW GIFT CARD COLLECTION INSPIRES
- Sense of independence – equipping your children to be independent and make informed decisions. Children also tend to respond well when they are trusted and given responsibility – vital to development.
- Doing the Math - adding up the costs, checking the price tag, comparing costs and value
- Making Compromises - At the end of the day, we don't always get what we wanted. Shopping teaches us that lesson too and helps us reach a compromise. One that we have the power to make & accept gracefully.
- Fires your Ambitions- We all want pretty things that are bigger, faster and obscenely priced all the time. Be it the shiny metallic sheen of swanky new gadgets, the gleam of couture shoes or the rev of the engine in a convertible. Shopping is sensorial, we are not just looking or thinking, we touch, feel & smell all these temptations that sends a message deep within. "Buck up mate, get a job, get a raise, start out on your own or maybe just marry a rich guy...", it motivates you from the pit of your stomach, to do more, get more so you can buy more and be more.
- Bonding - Helps facilitate communication. you get a better picture of your child’s likes and dislikes that gives you a better insight into them as an individual.
- Better self understanding - There are times when you feel that something is just-not-you but how do you know when you have not tried? Trying on something new or entirely different that flatters you enhances your body image during this stage of development.
April 2013 - Cape Town, TFG (The Foschini Group), the largest retail group in South Africa, have announced the launch of their new range of designer Gift Cards available in stores nationwide from April 2013. The 3 new cards; themed perfectly for men, women and couples and even children; are a fresh work of art, making them a must-have collector’s item for any purse or wallet.
Be done with those awkward and speechless moments when you open up another one of those “what should I do with this” gifts. It’s time to say goodbye to re-gifting and impress with a TFG Gift card which can be used at any of TFG’s 18 retail brand stores. Whether you want to spoil with shoes, accessories, jewellery, fragrances, cellphones, gadgets, on-trend fashion, sport, outdoor and leisure gear or even home ware items, the TFG gift card is the ultimate gift of choice.
Kathryn Sakalis, TFG’s CRM and Communications General Manager says, “Just like our retail stores offer choice, quality and on-trend items, so too do these 3 new TFG Gift Card offerings. Each original and inspirational design makes the card itself a gift to be proud of that will suit anyone.”
The new range of gift cards replace the TFG gift cards launched into the market in 2009.