Rainbow sandwich recipe
A fun spin on a classic sandwich.
- 2 slices Albany Superior Best of Both Bread
- 3 different coloured fillings: -
- 45 g low fat cottage cheese with 30 g finely chopped peppadew and a drop of red food colouring
- 2 g meat extract spread and 10 ml low fat bread spread
- 20 g low fat cheese spread
- Lettuce of watercress to garnish
- Place one slice of white bread on work surface, spread with low fat cheese spread.
- Place a slice of brown bread on top, spread lightly with low fat bread spread and meat extract.
- Place a slice of brown bread on top of this and spread with cottage cheese and peppadew mix.
- Top with the last slice of white bread.
- Wrap in a damp cloth and leave in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Remove crusts just before serving and cut into thin slices.
- Serve on a bed of shredded lettuce.
Find more healthy kid friendly recipes here.