Breyani with no booby-traps
A yummy fool-proof recipe.
Well I know everybody loves a good dish of breyani.That mouthwatering flavour & aroma but most people including myself hate eating the booby-traps (all the whole spice especially elaichi). So here's my version of breyani with no booby-traps.
MUTTON \ CHICKEN BREYANINote for chicken use half of the JEERA powder INGREDIENTS
- 2.5kg mutton
- 3 cups rice
- 6 potatoes
- 1 large tomatoe or 2 medium [add to meat]
- 6 meduim onions [add to meat]
- 1 cup masoor dhall [ lentils]
- 1 cup oil [add to meat]
- 1/2 cup sour milk [ maas the red & white box ] [add to meat]
- 3 tble spoons chillie pwdr [add to meat]
- 1 tble spoon tumeric pwdr [add to meat]
- 1 tble spoon cinnamon pwdr [add to meat]
- 1 tble spoon dhania pwdr [add to meat]
- 1 tble spoon gharum masala [add to meat]
- 1 tble spoon jeera pwdr [add to meat]
- 1 tble spoon crushed shah jeera [add to meat]
- 1 tble spoon crushed red chillies [ opptional ] [add to meat]
- 1/2 cup chopped dhania & mint
- 4 green chillies
- Salt to taste [add to meat]
Preboil rice & lentils. Cut potatoes in 4s & fry in oil half done. Fry onions until golden brown. Grate the tomatoe
Place cleaned & washed meat in a pot or dish. Add all the spices ,oil,sour milk.grated tomatoe & onions to meat mix well & leave to marinate for at least 2 hours in fridge.
Then to layer breyani.
Use a large pot with no handles.put marinated meat at bottom of pot.Then sprinkle masoor dhall over.Then add green chillis dhania & mint. Then add potatoes setting evenly.Last add rice over.Then sprinkle saffron water over evenly for colour & aroma.
Note: to prepare saffron water.Slightly roast saffron in a pot & add 1/4 cup boiling water.Leave to stand to release colour.
Finally put the pot in the oven @ 180 degrees for exactly 2 hours. Remove from oven after 2 hours so the steam does not collect at bottm of pot if this happens leave on stove top ,remove lid ,on high until water evaporates then remove.Wafa
Send in your own Readers Letter to Chatback@parent24.com