Summer has arrived in house for sooo many reasons …
1. We LOVE school mornings so much more ? No clothes draped over heaters, begging darling daughter to get out of bed, dressed etc.
2. Our trees are green, full and gorgeous.
3. Salads have replaced veggies.
4. Watermelon and mango’s (preferably eaten in a cozzie) take up residence in the fridge.
5. Our cats and dogs lie on the coolness of the patio or tiled floors.
6. Our cats and dogs leave an abundance of hair everywhere.
7. Mozzies have moved in.
8. “Bendy bus” cricket type yucky bugs and lovely Christmas beetles flutter around the lights on the patio and in dining room.
9. The smell of braai’s are more frequent and inviting.
10. The lilo’s have been pumped up.
11. White wine and glorious bubbles have sent the reds into hibernation.
12. Darling daughter is delighted at going to bed half an hour later.
13. Long Sunday lunches.
14. The only constant really is tea!
Loving it …. The heat, afternoon storms, the sultry smell of a summers evening and the afterglow of a day on the beach whilst sipping on something chilled and spending that time with other suntanned happy summer people, the smell of suntan lotion, permission to eat ice cream ?, picnics, flowers, slipslops….
I can hear the Beach boys….