My 5-point plan
This parent's 5-point plan for before the end of the year.
My 5-point plan before the year end is:
1. Don't expect everything to be perfect 100% of the time. Allow for mishaps and mess and moans, we are all human.
2. Involve! Get the kids involved with the chores and work that needs to be done. Make it fun, they can help mom dust with the feather duster while she's vacuuming or give him a cloth and ask him to wipe down the tables and chairs whilst Mom is emptying the dishwasher. Beats sitting infront of the TV and can be fun - make it a competition or a race to see who does it the quickest and best ;)
3. Try something new. It's sometimes good to break out of our daily routines.. take a drive to get an ice-cream, even if it is a Wednesday at 4pm and not a Sunday afternoon.
4. Watch a movie / TV together with your kids / toddler. Talk about what's on the TV and what's happening in the story instead of them sitting their alone whilst you go on with your things.
5. Put your feet up! Don't feel guilty if you go to bed and there are a few dishes in the sink that haven't been washed or rinsed.. or some clothes on the bathroom floor that you forgot to pick up... who cares? Tomorrow is a new day and you also need a cut off time!!!Laura