The parenting non-negotiables
Cherene's 10 non-negotiables.
- Love, respect and listening.
- Reading a bed time story every night.
- Saying prayers – being grateful at how lucky we are!
- Sitting down to eat dinner together – no TV allowed during this time!!!!
- Limited TV/ Barney.
- Constant praise.
- NO PUTTING DOWN OR BELITTLING EVER – this is an absolute non negotiable (no one may call her stupid or chubby or silly or piggy or anything else derogatory). What you label a child is what (I believe) you make them become.
- Playing together.
- Being present parents. We are always available (yes we do have our own time but our child is our choice to have and so we put her first so she can grow into the best possible person she can be!). We never turn her away or tell her to go away and play we make time for her and when we need our time we let her know it is ok for her to do her own things around us while we are doing our things. Investing as much of our time as possible.
- A happy home makes a happy child - so we work hard on us and our relationship making sure we are strong and solid.