brightFuture Family Fun Day
Come and spend a day with us at our first Good Housekeeping Family Fun Day at the spectacular Backsberg Estate Cellars, SA’s first carbon-neutral wine estate.
The Ultimate Family Fun Day event with fun for the whole family!
We have a full day of kids’ activities planned, as well as great live music from two of South Africa’s hottest bands, GOODLUCK and TouchWood plus
mouthwatering food from some of the country’s best food trucks. The day
will also focus on discovering how we can build a better world for
future generations and the important role that children need to play in
Children between two and 16 years pay just R20 for a full day of endless activities, with more than 30 kids’ activities on offer! It’s a fun day out for the whole family.
WHEN: 10 April 2016
WHERE: Backsberg Estate Cellars, Paarl
TIME: 11am – 4pm
Adults: R120 each (includes a FREE three-month print or a four-month digital subscription to Good Housekeeping; R10 of the ticket price goes to the Save the Children charity)
Children: (two to 16 years) R20 each (includes ALL kids’ activities for the day)
Under-twos and pensioners enter free
What to look forward to:
- Live music. Bands include GoodLuck and TouchWood
- Exciting Eco Carnival. Children can enjoy traditional carnival games using recycled products
- Beautiful picnic area. Gourmet food trucks will be stationed
throughout the venue, plus Backsberg wines (at cellar prices) and craft
beer will be on sale for the adults.
- Kfm DJ Liezl van der Westhuizen will be our MC.
- Kfm are our DJs for the day with live crossovers to studio
- Photo station to get photographed on the ‘cover’ of Good Housekeeping magazine
- Spot prizes for attendees throughout the day
- Opportunity to help green the planet by joining Unilever’s
#SendASeed BrightFutureSA campaign. By pledging to be part of the
campaign, a tree will be planted on your behalf.
- Wine-tasting station: R15 to taste 5 wines, or 4 wines and 1 brandy
- Fun, supervised creative craft stations with an emphasis on recycling
- Meet and greet with Kellogg’s Coco the Monkey
- Coco the Monkey dance competition with fun prizes
- Traditional races (egg and spoon races, three-legged races, sack
races, plus hoola hooping contests) with great prizes for contestants
- Story-telling corner
- Professional face-painting plus balloon animals
- Hands-on cupcake decorating station
- Petting zoo (goats, sheep, piglet, peacock, goose, ducks, chickens, guinea pigs, tortoises and rabbits)
- Model-building craft station and competition with great prizes
- Ball pond
- Dance lessons and fun educational performances
- Product sampling and goodie bags
- Raffle tickets on sale (all proceeds – along with R10 from every
ticket sold – goes to Save the Children) with the opportunity to win
great prizes and support a good cause.
Save the children: R10 from every ticket sold will go to this charity
This event is proudly brought to you by Good Housekeeping, Unilever, Kelloggs and Nutriday.
Click here to book your tickets.