Bring young ones down to The Point to write a letter to Santa this Christmas!
There is still time for your children to write a special letter to santa,
Keep the spirit and tradition of Christmas alive by helping your child to write a letter to Santa this festive season. For Capetonians living in Sea Point, or families who will be visiting the area this Christmas, a special child-size Santa Claus Post Box that will ensure express delivery to Santa Claus himself has been erected at the new Post Office on the second floor of The Point Mall in Regent Road.
The Point, owned by family business Berman Brothers Group (BBG), wanted to bring a little Christmas magic to the mall this festive season, and the arrival of a new Post Office in the centre in October gave them the perfect opportunity to do so.
Children can either use the letter template provided or their own paper to write to Santa Claus – but in either case, a little creativity in their letters is sure to make it stand out when Santa reads them!
Parents should put their name, email address and contact number on the letter, and pass the following crucial tips on to their children, to ensure Santa remembers their letter above everyone else’s!
- Put your name, email address and contact number on the letter.
- It's polite to start the letter with “Dear Santa” and then to tell him a little bit about yourself – your name, how old you are, and possibly include a short description of ways in which you have been good this year.
- You could tell Santa news about your family and friends, and add a short list of gifts you’d like to receive this year. Also remember to thank Santa for all the gifts they’ve received in the past!
- When you’ve finished writing your letter, remember to send your love to Mrs Claus, the elves and all the reindeer who work very hard to bring you presents every Christmas.
- Santa loves art, so consider drawing a picture on your letter. Maybe draw one of yourself, your family, or even one of him and all the elves and reindeers at the North Pole. Or perhaps a picture of a beautiful Christmas tree?
- Place your letter in an envelope and address it to “Mr Santa Claus” at the North Pole
Has your children written to Santa this year? Share your stories and pictures firstname.lastname@example.org we might publish it.