Win a year's subscription to the Mysmartkid programme!The Smartbox filled with age-appropriate toys, tools and activities as well as expert advice for children from before birth to 6 years.
Parent24 readers have their sayReaders share their thoughts and opinions - you can too!

Heather MacAlister


Posted by: Terry van der Peet | 2012-06-18


Ancestral visa

Hi Heather Who can I contact in order to help me to find out if I am eligible to get an Ancestral visa to the UK? I was adopted at the age of 2 and all I have is the original birth certificate in the name of Cheryl Powell. My parents lived in Rhodesia. Who could help me in this quest? Best regards Terry

Expert's Reply


Heather MacAlister Heather MacAlister
- 2012-09-10

You would need a copy of your original birth certificate and one of your biological parents or grandparents need to have been born in the UK. You will need proof of and will have to supply all copies of birth, marriage and death certificates to prove that you are from that line.

The information provided does not constitute a professional diagnosis of your problem. You should consult a health care practitioner, lawyer or other appropriate professional for formal advice. Parent24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Sorry, your comment could not be posted. Please try again later!

Reply to

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.