Marlise Van Onselen
angel | 2012/10/11
I’m about 15 weeks pregnant and suffer from severe constipation. Is there anything I can buy over the counter to help me? I can’t handle feeling like this anymore! PLEASE HELP ME!
Constipation. This is a common problem in pregnancy because the pregnancy hormone progesterone relaxes and slows down the movement of food through your intestines.
There are some factors that make you more prone to have Constipation:
How to treat constipation in pregnancy:
- If you are generally prone to constipation
- Some iron tablets used to treat anemia may actually course constipation.
- If you have nausea in pregnancy that influence your diet fibre intake and intake if fluids
- If you have irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- You most definitely up you fluid intake. Drink at least 2 Litres of water a day.
- You have to eat a high-fibre diet. But remember a high-fibre diet needs lots of water as well.
- Exercise, walking, swimming or pregnancy exercise classes can all help.
- If these methods doesn’t help please consult you healthcare provider as you are medication that can help you.
The information provided does not constitute a professional diagnosis of your problem. You should consult a health care practitioner,
lawyer or other appropriate professional for formal advice. Parent24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or
personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.