Win 1 of 5 Physiomer Baby hampersWe're giving away 5 hampers, each containing 3 products!
Parent24 readers have their sayReaders share their thoughts and opinions - you can too!

Marlise Van Onselen


Posted by: Zodwa | 2012-09-19


Giving birth at 52

I gave birth to healthy child at 42. How can I have another child as my doctor clipped my fallopian tubes but not womb? Is there any chance to re-open them and what process should I follow as I am a healthy 52-year-old woman? Please advise.

Expert's Reply


Marlise Van Onselen Marlise Van Onselen
- 2012-09-19

As there are different ways of clipping the fallopian tubs my advice will be to visit you Gynecologist to make sure what method was use on you.  Some methods are reversible and some not.


The information provided does not constitute a professional diagnosis of your problem. You should consult a health care practitioner, lawyer or other appropriate professional for formal advice. Parent24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Sorry, your comment could not be posted. Please try again later!

Reply to

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.