Win 1 of 5 Physiomer Baby hampersWe're giving away 5 hampers, each containing 3 products!
Parent24 readers have their sayReaders share their thoughts and opinions - you can too!

Greg Crighton


Posted by: tebogo | 2012-09-01


Rewrite my Grade 11

Hi, I'm a Grade 11 high school drop out because of my own family problems and I want to rewrite my grade 11 again, but I cant go back to school because now I'm working. Please is there any school that can offer me to write at home? And I will be very happy if it can be cheaper because I really need my Matric to study further so I can reach my goals and live up to my dreams.

Expert's Reply


Greg Crighton Greg Crighton
- 2012-09-25

I am not aware of any distance learning centres where grades 11 and 12 can be done while you are working a full time job. You can do your FET certificate through colleges such as Damelin, but I am not sure of the logistical arrangements regarding class attendance. You must also remember that in order to get a matric certificate you will need to submit a portfolio of CASS activities, some of which are done through the entire FET phase (grades 10, 11 and 12), and this ongoing assessment has to have been moderated throughout. The only advice I can give is to contact your local education department offices or to contact one of the private colleges like Damelin, as they will be able to assist you.

The information provided does not constitute a professional diagnosis of your problem. You should consult a health care practitioner, lawyer or other appropriate professional for formal advice. Parent24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Sorry, your comment could not be posted. Please try again later!

Reply to

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.