3rd Birthday party: Angel white
Every girl dreams of being a fairy or angel, and we took the opportunity to indluge in an all-white, winged fantasy.
- We peeled some litchis to make a bowl of white fruit.
- You could also use peeled apple and pear slices, brushed with a little lemon juice to prevent discolouring.
Bowls of white sweets:
- Buy whatever white sweets you can find and fill an assortment of white bowls with these.
- We used white Lindt chocolate balls, vanilla marshmallows and white coconut encrusted chocolate balls.
White veg and snacks:
- Make a platter of white vegetables and snacks with a white tzatziki dipping sauce.
- We used cauliflower, little chicken samoosas, honey and mustard grilled chicken strips and mini sweetcorn spears.
White butterfly cake
- 2 cake rounds (shop bought or make your own simple cake recipe)
- strawberry jam
- 500ml cream
- butterflies for decoration (available from most gardening or flower shops)
- Sandwich the two cake rounds on top of each other using strawberry jam.
- Beat bream until stiff peaks form and use to ice the cake.
- Then arrange butterflies all over the top and sides of the cake.
- 1 loaf of white bread, crusts removed
- 1 tub low-fat cream cheese
- Spread the cream cheese on half the slices of bread and make sandwiches using the other slices on top.
- Now cut into fingers or use cookie cutters to cut into cute shapes (like the hearts we made).
- Use a few sprigs of fine sprouts to decorate.
- Tell the girls that it's angel hair!