Afternoon tea birthday party
Celebrate the finer things in life with a fancy dress tea party for your daughter.
There's no better way to engage your little one's imagination than with a fancy-dress party for high tea!
Cake, costumes, food
- Gather some old clothes and accessories or hire some outfits from a costume shop.
- Place these in a chest and provide a mirror for the little one's to show off in.
- Let every little guest pick an outfit from the chest when they arrive and take a photo as a keepsake to send them later.
- Use dainty teacups and delicate teatime foods like petit fours and macaroons for the table.
- Your fabulous handbag birthday cake will be the tour de force!
Click here to find out how to make a pretty handbag cake.
- Set the tone for this elegant party by sending out pretty themed invitations.
- You can download ours here.
- Remember that the guest list is not confined solely to little girls- boys will have loads of fun donning dad's tie or dinner jacket for the occasion.
- Once everyone is appropraitely attired and the cake has been cut, let the guests adorn themselves further by decorating their own pair of take-home sunglasses.
- Plastic children's sunglasses are available at party shops.
- Supply each child with a pair of sunglasses, a tube of non-toxic craft glue and a variety of jewels and glitter and let them decorate their shades as they see fit.
- Each guest can take their own pair of customised sunglasses home.