Alice in Wonderland party
Time to travel down the rabbit hole with a pretty Alice in Wonderland party for your little girl.
5 WEEKS OUT
- The perfect setting for this party would be outside, under a tree, with paper flowers hanging from the branches and small windmills with which guests can run around on the grass.
2 WEEKS OUT
To cater with
- Create a colourful party atmosphere with striped or polka dot plates and beautiful dainty teacups for the grown-ups.
- Remember, it is essentially a tea party.
- For vintage cups, raid your mother's cupboards or buy at second-hand stores.
- Find pretty, bright paper plates or boxes at most retailers or party stores.
1 WEEK OUT
- Recreate the "drink me" and "eat me" looks of the Alice in Wonderland story by putting labels on your party favours.
- Rainbow lollies: use a bit of water to make the lolly just wet enough to be sticky. Stick the wet label onto it and let it dry.
Heart-shaped "EAT ME" cookies
You will need the following to decorate 10 cookies:
- 250ml icing sugar
- 25 to 50ml boiling water
- Food colouring
- Ziploc bag
- In a small bowl mix the icing sugar with water that has just boiled.
- Use only 5ml water to start off with and mix it thoroughly.
- The mixture should be thick but not a paste.
- Add more water if necessary.
- Scoop ¼ of the mixture into the plastic bag, then go back to the bowl and add food colouring.
- Start with one drop and add more until you have the desired colour.
- Use the back of a teaspoon, and spread the icing over your cookies.
- Put them on a sheet of wax paper to set.
- Cut a very small hole in one of the corners of the plastic bag.
- Use the bag as an icing piper, and write the words "eat me" on the dry icing.
THE DAY BEFORE
For the guests
- These party favours will keep little hands occupied and guests happy.