All hands on deck: Pirate Party
An adventurous pirate party is perfect for your intrepid little boy. With a pirate cake, message in a bottle invites and themed decor you'll be set to shiver yer timbers!
Use metres of polka dot fabric as a tablecloth or trawl a fabric shop for a pirate ship themed piece of fabric. You can also look out for anything with a skull and crossbones on it, such as napkins, gift bags or flags at speciality party stores.
Keep the food simple and try to stick to the red, white, black and blue colour scheme. Hot dogs are always a favourite and you can use liquorice, lollipops and cupcakes as well.
- Give guests a bandana and plastic sword or hook to transform land lubber kids into pirates.
- A treasure hunt is the perfect game for this party
- Let children work in pairs to climb over, under and around obstacles (giving them a gross motor skills workout)
- Give each of them a bag of chocolate coins as a prize
- Set the tone for this thrilling party by sending your invites as a message in a bottle.
- Gather together a few 200ml Coca-Cola bottles and wash them all in hot, soapy water. Leave them to dry well.
- Then, download the pirate party invite from www.yourparenting.co.za to get the bottle labels and party invite.
- Fill in the necessary details and cut out each element.
- Glue the two labels to the bottles
- Roll up the actual invite and pop it in the bottle
Click here to download the pirate party invitation.