Creepy Crawly cake
Boisterous toddler boys will just love this exciting creepy crawly cake
Use a ready-made Swiss roll that can be bought from a supermarket to make this cake, crawling with goodies that make the squeamish heart quiver (all edible of course!). What’s that they say about frogs and snails again?
How to decorate this bug log
- Place the Swiss roll on a medium-sized cake board
- Make up a batch of butter icing and add cocoa to it so that it turns brown
- Ice the Swiss roll with the prepared icing
- Cut a flake in half and place the pieces either side of the Swiss roll. Place them at different angles so that they look like dead branches coming off the log
- Place gummy spider, worm and snake sweets on and around the base of the log. You can find these sweets at most supermarkets
- Mix some green food colouring in with some dessicated coconut and sprinkle this around the base of the cake to resemble grass.
Need to know how to make butter icing?