Easy peezy marshmallows
This is the easiest marshmallow recipe (no boiling sugar!). Children can make these themselves and will have fun cutting different shapes.
- 425g castor sugar
- ½ cup cold water
- ½ cup boiling water
- 30ml gelatine
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 5ml pink colouring or preferred colour
- 1 cup icing sugar for dusting
- Cover a baking tray or square with Spray & Cook.
- Soak the gelatine in the cold water. After 5 minutes, place the bowl of gelatine into another bowl of boiling water so it can dissolve.
- In another bowl add the castor sugar and boiling water. Stir until it dissolves.
- Add the melted gelatine and start beating with your electric beater for about 10 minutes, until it stars to thicken and turn white.
- Add vanilla essence and colouring and beat for another minute.
- Pour this into your prepared container and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Use shape cutters or just cut into squares and then dust each piece with icing.