Flop-proof cake recipe
Need a cake in a hurry? Try this simple recipe
- 270g butter, room temperature
- 3 cup self-raising flour
- 6 eggs
- 1½ cup castor sugar
- 6 tbsps milk
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Place all the ingredients into a mixer or food processor and cream until light and fluffy.
- Spoon into two greased and lined baking tins (just over half full).
- Bake for about 30 - 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before icing.