Great party dips & cheesy bread sticks
Make these quick and easy cheesy bread sticks and dips for any party.
Peanut butter dip
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ¼ cup brown sugar or apple juice
- Beat the peanut butter until smooth then add the cream cheese and beat together again until smooth.
- Add the sugar or apple juice and mix until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Smooth bean dip
- 1 can butter beans
- 1 handful peas
- 1 handful sweetcorn
- 1 handful fresh herbs, like basil
- Drop of olive oil
- Cook the beans, peas and sweetcorn in boiling water until soft.
- Blend along with the herbs and olive oil until smooth.
Cheesy bread sticks
- 250g puff pastry sheet
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1 tsp paprika (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and cover two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Unfold the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and use a rolling pin to roll it out to a 30cm square. Brush this with the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle the cheese and paprika over this evenly and press down gently so it adheres to the pastry.
- Cut the pastry into 24 1cm-strips and place these on the baking sheets, seasoned side up.
- Twist each strip twice to make a spiral. Bake in the oven for about 18 minutes or until browned.