This fabulous handbag cake will be the highlight of the party!
How to make a pretty handbag cake
- Stack two 20cm round sponge cakes on top of each other with butter icing or jam between them.
- Cut off about a quarter from the side of the cakes to form a flat shape for the bottom of the handbag and stand this upright on a cakeboard.
- Beat 500g of margarine, a drop of vanilla essence and 4 cups of icing sugar together one cup at a time to form a rich icing.
- Take three quarters of this, add pink food colouring and mix well for a bright pink icing.
- Spread this evenly all over the cake.
- Add yellow food colouring to the remaining icing.
- Pipe this icing in diagonal lines over the bag and decorate the rest of the bag with sweets and icing flowers as jewels.
- Use a piece of liquorice to form a handle.