Somewhere over the rainbow is the brightest, funkiest party you can find.
5 WEEKS OUT
Send out invitations
- Send a rainbow inspired invite that will get guests instantly excited.
- Download this invite here.
- For extra fun, ask guests to dress in one of the colours of the rainbow, while you put the birthday boy or girl in a rainbow T-shirt.
3 WEEKS OUT
Gather your supplies
- Think rainbow colours for this one.
- Look at what is available in stores and decide what you will make yourself.
- Keep it simple, with all the bright colours you will not need much to set a festive scene.
- Stick to white basics, like a tablecloth with a bright cake on top, or candles and rainbow boxes for party favours.
2 WEEKS OUT
Get the décor
- Buy or hire suitable décor for the party.
- Try to add playful décor as well, such as colourful streamers.
- You can hang them on trees or light fixtures around the room, or leave them out for the little ones to throw about.
1 WEEK OUT
- Create a pretty gift for the guests to take home and remember the day.
- Little jars with Smarties layered into rainbows suit the theme perfectly.
THE DAY BEFORE
Get the food ready
- Treat guests with rainbow cupcakes.
- Bake chocolate cupcakes and ice with white icing.
- Decorate with blue Smarties and rainbow sweets.