Rainy day party
Think fluffy clouds and cute raindrops for a fun-filled party, even if it rains outside.
5 WEEKS OUT
Send out invitations
- Create and send out invites for this unique party.
- Create your own look for suitable invitations at craft shops or party stores.
3 WEEKS OUT
Gather your supplies
- Visit supermarkets and party stores to find the perfect supplies to serve the young guests.
- Try to stick to a colour scheme for things that will be on the table, like these straws and a wire basket to keep party favours in.
2 WEEKS OUT
Get the décor ready
- There are not many party goods with clouds and raindrop designs available in stores, but it is easy to make your own.
- Use coloured pipe cleaners and bend them into raindrop shape- perfect to hang from the ceiling.
- You could also cut raindrop and cloud shapes out of felt and stick these onto a canvas and make raindrop cake toppers using some coloured paper and sosatie sticks.
1 WEEK OUT
Buy party favours
- Look for sweets and gifts that will help set the scene.
- Colourful Smarties in plastic bags remind us of little raindrops.
- Character umbrellas are an affordable and useful gift for guests; give this instead of a take home goodie bag.
THE DAY BEFORE
Get the food ready
- Never forget the importance of something substantial for little guests to eat.
- Make cheese and ham sarmies and cut them into cloud or raindrop shapes.