Be the talk of the town with a fashionable robot party.
5 WEEKS OUT
Send out invitations
- You can buy cute robot invitations at party stores.
2 WEEKS OUT
Get the décor ready
- Decide on the scene that you want to set and hunt for goodies in supermarkets and speciality stores.
- Use multicoloured balloons to give a feel of being in outer space.
- Or go for metallics if you want something a little more industrial.
- The great thing about this theme is that it lends itself to DIY.
- Trawl scrapbooking and stationery stores for paper that can be used as placemats or other décor.
1 WEEK OUT
- Cute soft toys, like this Remmington the Robot BOO! Beloobie (available at www.ietsienice.co.za).
- Pack the party favours in themed gift bags or make your own using robot themed paper.
THE DAY BEFORE
Get the food ready
- Make robot marshmallow sticks for little guests to enjoy- it's really easy.
- Slide four marshmallows onto a sosatie stick.
- Dip a toothpick into food colouring of your choice and paint your robot's features onto the marshmallows.
- Allow this to dry.
- Make a few robots and place them in a bowl on the party table for effect.