The Very Hungry Caterpillar party
Take inspiration from the classic book The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.
5 WEEKS OUT
Send out invitations
- Introduce your guests to the theme with an appropriate invitation.
- Look at craft stores and party shops.
2 WEEKS OUT
Make the décor
- Buy balloons that look like worms – these are roughly 1m in length.
- Blow them up yourself or fill them with helium the day of the party.
- Bunting will make any event seem even more festive.
- Buy colourful paper holders for homemade cupcakes or muffins. You'll find these at any major retailer or specifically baking stores.
1 WEEK OUT
- Make sure your birthday boy or party princess is dressed accordingly.
- Find fun fruity designs like this T, or buy a plain T-shirt and some fabric paint and test your creativity.
Have the guests paint their own T-shirts too by providing them with a white shirt, and some fabric paint and sponges cut into fruit shapes.
THE DAY BEFORE
Get the food ready
- Make your own hungry caterpillar red apples.
- Buy small red apples.
- Download, print and cut out the hungry caterpillar desing on our website. Cut it in half.
- Now make incisions on both sides of each apple and insert the cut out.
- Make the incisions just before the party to prevent the apple from browning.
- Add yummy fruity treats like these jelly sweets.
- Offer muffins as a healthy alternative. Buy them or make them yourself.