These cupcakes are perfect for any occassion and make nice lunchbox treats too.
- 4 eggs
- 375ml sugar
- 500ml self raising flour or cake flour
- 250ml water
- 10ml baking powder
- 10ml vanilla essence
- 45ml oil
- a pinch of salt
- 500g icing sugar
- 250g butter
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Beat the eggs and sugar and add the vanilla essence. Beat until mixed thoroughly and light and creamy.
- Sift the flour and salt into the mixture and fold in with a metal spoon.
- Add the baking powder to the fluid and beat with a spoon until it forms a froth.
- Immediately fold into the mixture.
- Pour into cupcake holders and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- To make the icing: Soften the butter before adding the sugar a little bit at a time. Add food colourants or flavouring. Store the extra icing sugar in your fridge to use later.
Place the cupcake-cups into muffin pans – it will guarantee a more even shape