Let your party be the explosion of the year with this delightful volcano cake.
How to make this exciting volcano cake:
- Use a cakeboard or tray for your volcano cake.
- Crush 3 packets of Romany Creams and 3 packets of Marie biscuits roughly so that the crumbs have a few "rocks" in them.
- Mix these thoroughly with 375g melted butter or margarine.
- Now for the fun part- prepare to get your hands dirty! Form this mixture into a conical volcano shape, with a dip at the top for the crater.
- Mix 2 tablespoons icing sugar with water so that it forms a runny consistency.
- Add red food colouring to the icing so you have "lava". If you don't add enough it will turn pink- if this happens just add some more until it becomes red.
- Pour the icing sugar over the volcano so that it looks like running lava.
- Add a few red Smarties to the crater and running lava to look like smouldering rocks and your cake is ready to explode onto the scene.