Watermelons are the taste of summer birthdays. Here are a few ideas to make your party extra special - and delicious!
5 WEEKS OUT
Send out invitations
- Create a buzz with a watermelon themed invitation.
3 WEEKS OUT
Gather your supplies
- Look at what is available in store and what you can make yourself when it comes to party décor.
- We used red and green balloons and watermelon seeds on the red balloon to create a signature look.
- Be creative- it's fun!
2 WEEKS OUT
Create the décor
- Have you decided on any DIY projects?
- Now is the time to start crafting.
- Make watermelon smiles on ice cream sticks, for example.
1 WEEK OUT
- Party favours do not always have to be edible.
- Make little watermelon hats for your guests.
- They can wear them at the party and take home as a souvenir.
- We layered red, green and white cardboard secured with glue.
THE DAY BEFORE
Get the food ready
- Cut watermelon "slices" from a regular sponge cake.
- Decorate these with icing and lay them in a circle to create a watermelon half.