Company creates free, professionally drafted wills and an innovative long-term insurance product
We love innovation, especially when it has the ability to impact people’s lives in a profound way.
As any shrewd parent will attest to, having a valid Will in place is an absolute necessity. Your last will is the keystone of your financial plan and will ensure the following:
• Your family will be looked after according to your wishes
• Your bequests are binding and not dictated to by intestate succession
• Your child’s inheritance avoids the governmental "Guardian Fund" and will be preserved in their own testamentary trust for their sole benefit
• Inheritances are precluded from subsequent marital contracts
• The appointment of capable, professional and accountable persons to execute your estate swiftly and oversee the testamentary trust assets thereafter
The problem is that traditional means of having a Will drafted such as bankers and attorneys can be an expensive and time-consuming process that many people would rather avoid.
In addition, until recently there has been no effective way to drive down the legal costs of administering your estate and large chunks of capital have been lost to beneficiaries forever without the majority of people knowing about it or planning for it.
What costs are we talking about? Executor, trustee and conveyancing fees. Few people know this, but these fees routinely run into the hundreds of thousands of Rands, especially for those with young children as their Testamentary Trusts need to be managed for many years.
Enter Capital Legacy.
This company has turned the status quo on its head. They have created free, professionally drafted Wills and have created a long-term insurance product, the first of its kind, that effectively nullifies the legal costs above.
As you read this Capital Legacy have over 8,000 Wills in their safe custody facility and have saved their clients a combined value of over R2bn in Executor, Trustee and Conveyancing fees.
So, what about your estate?
In case you’re curious, click here for a simple calculator designed by Lionsgate Capital that will build a basic profile of your estate to help you work out your exposure to these fees and provide a solution.