First Aid must-haves
Stock up for those unexpected accidents at home and away.
Every family has moments when it helps to have a well-stocked first aid kit handy. Keep one in your home and one in your car. Store the kit in an accessible place but out of reach of small children. Pharmacies have pre-stocked kits or buy the items separately from a pharmacy. An empty ice-cream container makes a good, waterproof storage box.
Make sure that you know how to use the items and what they are for.
- 3 x roller bandages (50mm)
- 3 x roller bandages (75mm)
- 2 x triangular bandages
- Gauze dressing: 1 dry and 1 paraffin-coated
- 1 bottle Dettol/Savlon (50ml)
- 2 x small wound dressings
- 2 x medium wound dressings
- 2 x large wound dressings
- 1 roll adhesive tape (1m x 2.5cm)
- 1 pair bandage scissors
- Safety pins
- 1 eyebath
- 1 x burn dressing
- 1 tube antiseptic ointment
- 1 pair disposable gloves
- 1 mouthpiece for administering CPR
- 1 packet assorted plasters
- Calamine lotion for soothing skin irritations, sunburn and stings
- Rehydration fluid such as Sorel or Rehidrat
- Measuring spoons