Safety First: In the Garden
Want to keep your baby safe and sound no matter what? This is the most comprehensive guide around.
- Cover fish ponds and water features. Always empty paddle pools after use.
- Ideally, garage doors should have a safety mechanism that stops them from accidentally coming off the hinges and falling onto your child.
- Ladders should always be securely stored away so your kids can't get onto the roof.
- Never leave dangerous tools like garden shears or hammers lying around- lock them away. Lock turpentine, paint, and pool chemicals away too.
- Keep your car doors locked in the garage or driveway. Never, ever leave a baby sleeping in the car.
- Never reverse in your driveway or close an electronic door/gate without keeping an eye on your children. Tragically, parents have reversed over their own children in driveways.
- Make sure that your kids can't get onto the road at all.
- Never leave children unattended near a braai or Weber.
- Watch out for electric fencing. Don't let your kids climb near it!
THE 10 MOST COMMON POISONOUS PLANTS
Elephant's Ear leaves
Delicious Monster leaves
Lucky Bean Seeds (Abrus Precatorius)
Latex from Poinsettias
Jerusalem Cherry Fruits (Solanum Pseudocapsicum)
Thorn Apple Seeds or Malpitte (Datura Stamonium)