Apple & berry crumble
This is a super-boost dessert because of thr fresh fruit, especially the berries packed with antioxidants and the cinnamon which helps to regulate blood sugar levels. To make it even healthier, you can cut down the sugar or even make it without added sugar.
What you need:
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 apple, peeled cored and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 packet (400g) frozen mixed berries
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup sugar
For the crumble:
- 100g cake flour
- 50g butter
- 60g muesli
- 2 tablespoons golden brown sugar
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Mix the pears, apple, berries, cinammon and sugar in a bowl.
- For the crumble topping: In a medium sized bowl, rub together the flour and butter using your finger tips, until it resembles bread crumbs. Add the muesli and sugar and set aside.
- Spoon a generous amoutn of crumble topping onto each pudding, place on a baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve immediately with thick cream or custard.