Asparagus and egg supper
Quick and easy to prepare, so try this wholsome meal that your entire family will enjoy.
- 4 Eggs
- 300g Asparagus spears, trimmed
- 4 Slices of toasted ciabatta bread
- ¼ cup Light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Parmesan shavings
- Place the eggs in a saucepan half-filled with cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally to centre the yolks.
- Drain and cover with cold water until the eggs can be handled, then peel off the shells.
- Place the asparagus spears in a steamer basket in a pot of boiling water and steam for 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Mix the mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Divide the asparagus into 4 portions.
- Place each portion on a slice of toast.
- Cut the crust off your toddler's ciabatta portion as these can be too hard for them to bite through.
- Slice the eggs in half and place two halves on each slice of toast.
- Spoon on some mayonnaise and top with the parmesan shavings.
- This is perfects light supper, combining carbs, protein and fibre.
- You can make it even healthier by replacing the slice of ciabbata with toast made from low-GI bread.