Bow tie salad with summer greens and pesto
Most children love pasta and this cold salad is a good way to include more vegetables in the meal.
- ½ packet of farfalle pasta
- ½ cup each of peas, asparagus, courgettes and mange tout
- ½ cup ready-made pesto sauce
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions and allow to cool.
- Cut the asparagus and courgettes into even pieces.
- Blanch all the vegetables briefly in boiling water, so they are still quite crispy, then plunge them into cold water.
- Mix the pesto into the cool pasta. Add the vegetables and toss to combine.
- Check whether you need salt and pepper.
Café Flo and Ove Flo
116 Greenway Rd, Greenside
(011) 646 6817