Burgers with parsley and carrot
This mixture can be used to make meatballs or burger patties. Get the kids involved in mixing and shaping the mince.
- 1kg ground mince
- 1 stock cube, dissolved in 10ml boiling water
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- Baps or Portuguese rolls
- Tomatoes and lettuce
- Onions and mushrooms
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Shape into thick patties and flatten.
- Place on a lightly oiled baking tray and place on the braai for about 5-8 minutes each side.
- Serve with fried onions and mushrooms, or sliced fresh tomato and lettuce.