A simple fridge cheesecake – older kids can make it themselves, needing just a bit of help with the topping. Recipe below
- 2 tins condensed milk
- 2 tubs smooth cottage cheese
- 2 lemons
- 250g butter
- 1 packet Tennis biscuits
- 2 tins pitted black cherries
- 3 tbsp custard powder
- Crush the tennis biscuits.
- Melt the butter and brown the tennis biscuits in it.
- Line a Pyrex dish with the biscuits to form the base.
- Cream together the cream cheese and condensed milk.
- Add the juice of two lemons. The mixture will curdle at first then combine and thicken.
- Pour this mixture into the base.
- Strain the juice from the cherries into a saucepan. Arrange the cherries on the cheesecake mixture.
- On a hot stove, add the custard powder to the syrup and mix continuously.
- When the syrup starts to thicken, remove immediately.
- Allow to cool slightly and spoon over the cheesecake mixture.
- Put in the fridge to cool and set (about 8-10 hours).
Recipe from: Mimmos
0860 MIMMOS (646667)