Cheesy Marmite Squares
Together with Marmite we asked for your most creative lunchbox ideas. Here is idea 1: cheesy marmite squares
Together with Marmite we asked for your most creative lunchbox ideas. Here is IDEA 1 of your lunchbox ideas.
Sent in by: Keri Hartung
- 2 cups Flour
- 15ml Baking Powder
- 2ml Salt
- 1 cup Margarine
- 1 ½ cup Grated cheese
- 1 ½ cup Milk & water mixed
- 2 Eggs
- Pinch of Pepper
For the topping
- 2-3 tsp Marmite
- ¼ cup Margarine
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper then rub the margarine into the dry ingredients.
- Add the cheese and mix well.
- Beat the milk and water mixture together with the eggs and stir into the dry mixture.
- Pour this into a greased dish and bake at 180°C until golden brown (about 20 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and immediately pour the topping evenly over the tart. Once it has soaked in, slice the tart into squares and keep these in your fridge, ready to put in the lunchbox.
- Slice up into squares and keep in refrigerator to place in lunch boxes!
For the topping:
- Melt the margarine and mix in the Marmite