Chicken and baby marrow burgers
- 750g minced chicken
- 1 onion, grated
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon chicken spice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 baby marrows, grated
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- Tomato and lettuce
- Tomato sauce or mayo
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. If the mixture is very wet, add more breadcrumbs. Using your hands, combine very well.
- Shape into long rectangular patties, the size and shape of your rolls.
- Place them on foil and lightly brush with olive oil to prevent sticking to the braai. Cook on the braai or under the grill for 5–10 minutes, until well browned and cooked through.
This can be prepared the day in advance and stored in the fridge. It also freezes well, so divide into small batches to use when you need a quick, healthy meal that the kids will enjoy.