These are fun to make and delicious to eat – just the sort of activity to do with the children on a quiet weekend or during the holidays. Recipe below
- 250g unsalted butter
- 500g dark couverture chocolate buttons
- 100g white or milk chocolate buttons
- 200 gram cocoa powder
- Icing sugar (add to cocoa powder to your preference, to make it less bitter)
- Cream the butter.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave on medium, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto butter and mix until creamy and smooth.
- Spoon small pieces onto greaseproof paper.
- Refrigerate until hard.
- Melt the dark or milk buttons. Dip the hardened truffles into melted chocolate.
- Drop straight into a bowl of cocoa mixed with icing sugar and roll it gently with a spoon to cover.
- Allow to set.
Geldhof Chocolates (011) 792 8346