Making cottage pie has never been this simple. Our recipe will keep your family asking for more.
You will need:
- 2 cups versatile mince sauce (click here for the recipe)
For the mash:
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- A little warm milk to adjust the texture
What to do:
- Spoon the meat sauce into individual oven-proof dishes (or one single family-sized dish).
- To make the mash: Place the potatoes and garlic clove into a heavy-based pot, cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Cook until soft (about 20 minutes) drain the water and mash together with the warm milk and butter. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Spoon over the mince sauce, dot with a little more butter and bake at 180°C for 20 minutes.