Courgette & quinoa purée
Courgettes are versatile and very healthy. Here's a great puree recipe for baby.
(suitable from 9 months)
- 1 leek, washed & chopped
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 150g (4 or 5) courgettes, washed & sliced
- 1 (200g) sweet potato, peeled & chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) quinoa, washed thoroughly
- 300ml filtered water
- Fry the leek in the olive oil for 5-10 minutes until soft.
- Add the sweet potato and quinoa and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Add the courgette and simmer for a furter 5-10 minutes until soft.
- Mash or purée to desired consistency and serve.
Did you know?
Quinoa is rich in protein, calcium and iron so it’s an excellent grain to incorporate into your baby’s diet. You can buy it from health stores and in the health food sections of large supermarkets.