Couscous salad with roasted vegetables
This light and healthy salad will keep your family wanting more!
- 1 cup Couscous
- 2 cups Chicken stock (made with boiling water or heated to boiling)
- 1 cup Roasted vegetables in season (butternut, cherry tomatoes, courgettes, etc drizzled with olive oil and roasted under a hot grill for about half an hour)
- ¼ cup Feta cheese, cut into cubes
- Small bunch of fresh herbs (such as parsley, mint and coriander leaves), chopped
- Zest and juice of half a lemon
- Place couscous in a medium-sized mixing bowl and add the chicken stock.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Mix in the roasted vegetables, lemon zest and juice, feta and herbs.
- Serve in a container with a tight fitting lid- or recycle old jam jars to serve salad in when you're out and about.
- You can adapt this recipe to be suitable for a 9-12 month old baby by using steamed, grated vegetables in the couscous salad instead of roasted veg.
- Or mash the roasted veg and mix with the couscous.