Crustless mini quiches
You can freeze these crustless mini quiches or eat them immediately. They are also good lunchbox ideas.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 150g spinach leaves, washed & torn
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- ¾ cup (180ml) milk
- 6 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Line a muffin tin with squares of silicone or parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan, fry the onion in the butter for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Add the spinach, turn down the heat and put a lid on the saucepan. Let the spinach wilt for 5 minutes. Take off the heat and let cool.
- In the meantime, beat the eggs and milk together.
- Place a tablespoon of spinach mixture and a heaped tablespoon of grated cheese in each prepared muffin case. Top with 2-3 tablespoons of the egg mixture and bake for 15-20 minutes, until set and browned on top.
- You can keep these mini quiches in the freezer to pop into a lunchbox.