A healthy sweet treat for those picky eaters and cool lunchbox ideas.
- 250g pitted dates, cut into pieces
- 125ml sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 125g butter
- 1 packet Marie biscuits
- 125ml chopped nuts (or more biscuits)
- 250ml desiccated coconut
- Place the dates, sugar and butter in a heavy-based pot over medioum heat. Stir until the butter has melted and the dates start breaking up.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Whisk in the beaten egg. Add the biscuits and nuts (if using).
- Roll teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls, then roll the balls in the coconut to coat. Place on a sheet of greaseproof paper to cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to three months.