Easy mix wholewheat bread
Your family will love this healthy alternative to white bread.
You will need:
- 1kg Nutty wheat flour
- 1 sachet instant yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 500ml buttermilk
- 500ml water (at room temperature)
- 2 tbsp agave syrup (or honey)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-4 tsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir until you have a sticky dough.
- Spoon into a loaf tin lined with baking paper. Brush a little milk over the top of the loaf. Place on middle shelf of oven and bake for one hour. To check if your loaf of bread is cooked through, knock on the loaf (like you would knock on a door) and if it sounds hollow, the bread is done.
- Let it cool in the tin for five minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.